DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air
conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers,
forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves
and capillary tubes.
• Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated
heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air-
conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and
repair evaporative coolers.
• Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls,
including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper
motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high
limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test
equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in
effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
• Repair and rebuild semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors and compressors for
centrifugal refrigeration machines.
• Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration
of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed;
connect motors to control panels.
• Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges;
conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
• Lubricate and pack heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors,
pumps, fans, and other equipment.
• Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as
necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning
systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety
valves and water pumps.
• Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings,
valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
• Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of
tasks performed and write reports as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance